Bad Kissingen Daley Barracks

The spa town of Bad Kissingen in northern Bavaria was garrisoned by Wehrmacht motorcycle troops in the late 1930s. In 1936-37 Manteuffel Kaserne, named in honor of Freiherr von Manteuffel of old dragoons fame, was built to house these troops. Later, units of the 2nd Panzer Division occupied the barracks. Following the end of World War II, the area was briefly occupied by the U.S. Army Air Forces XII Tactical Air Command. In the early 1950s the post was occupied by U.S. Army border guard troops and renamed Daley Barracks. The major tenant unit during most of the Cold War was the 2nd Squadron, 14th Armored Cavalry Regiment from 1951 until it was reflagged as the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment in 1972. 2/11ACR used the old Manteuffel Kaserne HQs building as its dining facility. (Click here to visit the area of OP Sierra, one of the border sites nizagara guarded by 2/11ACR.)

Daley Barracks was closed following the reunification of Germany and returned to the German government ca. 1995. Most of the prednisone old military buildings were torn down in 1998, but a few remain. The former headquarters building now houses several businesses, and additional business buildings are being built on the site