The Genealogical Proof Standard
We use the Genealogical Proof Standard as our guide for the journey. The five steps of the Genealogical Proof Standard are the essential parts of the process that we use to conduct genealogy.
The five steps of the Genealogical Proof Standard are:
- Conduct a thorough and reasonably exhaustive search for relevant information on the event, person, or relationship under consideration.
- Accurately cite every source used.
- Correctly analyze the information gathered.
- Address and resolve any potential conflicts that the evidence may present to a proposed solution.
- Provide a soundly reasoned, well-written conclusion based prednisone upon your research.