This is how I found the record on FAMILY SEARCH …
Johann Gottlieb Boehm
|Name||Johann Gottlieb Boehm|
|Event Date||17 Jan 1873|
|Event Place||Kienitz, Kienitz, Lebus, Brandenburg, Germany|
|Mother’s Name||Luise Boehm|
|Volume Date Range||831, 1850-1874|
|Source Reference||item 1, #6|
Gottlieb Johann Bohme was born on January 17, 1873, in Lebus, Brandenburg, Germany.
|• Mayor||Bernd Tillack (Pro Lebus)|
|• Total||54.23 km2 (20.94 sq mi)|
|• Density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Lebus (Polish: Lubusz) is a town in the southeast of the Märkisch-Oderland District in Brandenburg, Germany. It had a population of 3,144 as of 2013. It was the center of the historical region known as Lubusz Land.
He was the child of Luise Bohme and UNKNOWN father making him illegitimate.
It was created on January 1, 1999, out of the former Gorzów Wielkopolski and Zielona Góra Voivodeships, pursuant to the Polish local government reforms adopted in 1998. The province’s name recalls the historic Lubusz Land  (Lebus or Lubus), although parts of the voivodeship belong to the historic regions of Silesia, Greater Poland and Lusatia. Until 1945, it mainly formed the Neumark within the Prussian Province of Brandenburg.
The functions of regional capital are shared between two cities: Gorzów Wielkopolski and Zielona Góra. Gorzów serves as the seat of the centrally appointed voivode or governor, while Zielona Góra is the seat of the elected regional assembly (sejmik) and the executive elected by that assembly, headed by the marszałek.
The region is mainly flat, with many lakes and woodlands. In the south, around Zielona Góra, grapes are cultivated.
I was told with some help of people on Facebook … that from looking at his picture ( the only one I have ) … that it looks like he was in the 44th Infantry Regiment “Graf Dönhoff” (7th East Prussian) (Infanterie-Regiment Graf Dönhoff (7. Ostpreuß.) Nr. 44). If he died in the war… I Don’t know .. could use help tracking his journey in the war … I don’t even know when he joined . but do know his birth date is correct … still trying to find proof of EVERYTHING ELSE… 🙂 The following is from this website here.. click here
2nd Division (German Empire) – Pre-World War I Organization
Pre-World War I Organization
Many regiments were renamed and assigned to different divisions during the period from 1871 to 1914. In 1914, the peacetime organization of the 2nd Division was as follows:
- 3rd Infantry Brigade (3. Infanterie-Brigade)
- 4th Infantry Brigade (4. Infanterie-Brigade)
- 33rd Fusilier Regiment “Graf Roon” (East Prussian) (Füsilier-Regiment Graf Roon (Ostpreuß.) Nr. 33)
- 45th Infantry Regiment (8th East Prussian) (8. Ostpreuß. Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 45)
- 2nd Cavalry Brigade (2. Kavallerie-Brigade)
- 12th (Lithuanian) Uhlans (Litthauisches Ulanen-Regiment Nr. 12)
- 9th Mounted Rifles (Jäger-Regiment zu Pferde Nr. 9)
- 43rd Cavalry Brigade (43. Kavallerie-Brigade)
- 8th (East Prussian) Uhlans “Count zu Dohna” (Ulanen-Regiment Graf zu Dohna (Ostpreuß.) Nr. 8)
- 10th Mounted Rifles] (Jäger-Regiment zu Pferde Nr. 10)
- 2nd Field Artillery Brigade (2. Feldartillerie-Brigade)
- 1st Field Artillery Regiment “Prince August of Prussia” (1st Lithuanian) (Feldartillerie-Regiment Prinz August von Preußen (1. Litthau.) Nr. 1)
- 37th Field Artillery Regiment (2nd Lithuanian) (2. Litthau. Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 37)
birth parish records: Tanja, go to page 318 of the Brandenburg records. It’s no. 6: Johann Gottlieb, (born) 17th Jan 1873, 1 o’clock in the morning (früh), illegitimate, (no father’s name written), mother’s name: Luise BÖHM (o-Umlaut) ??fried BÖHM, residence mother: Amt K(ienietz), bapt
He married Auguste Hedwig Marks on November 4, 1896, in Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
birth..death..marriage: Gottlieb Johann Bohme Gender: männlich (Male) Birth Date: 17 Jan 1873 Marriage Date: 4 Nov 1896 Age at Marriage: 23 Spouse: Auguste Hedwig Marks Spouse Gender: weiblich (Female) Spouse Birth Date: 16 Sep 1871 Civil Registration Office: Berlin V a Certificate Number: 1156 Archive Sequence Number: 446 Register Type: Erstregister
They had six children during their marriage.
Anna Luise Margarethe Marks- Bohme
Johannes Gottlieb Reinhold Bohme
Adolf Bernhard Richard Bohme
He died on October 31, 1936, at the age of 63.